Thursday, April 6, 2017

Emma's Broken Arm

It was the day of the Open House for Madison and Makenna so we all went to school to enjoy it.  I went straight from there to my last day of EA and Jacob went home to sleep.  Class had just started when my phone rang and I noticed it was the girl's school.  I answered and Brenda calmly let me know that Emma had fallen off the swing at school, her arm was definitely broken, and the ambulance was on the way.  I almost lost it!!  I was over an hour away and Jacob was home sleeping! I called Grandma Bock who was just down the street from our house and she ran down to wake up Jacob (who had only been asleep an hour).  He woke up in a panic and drove like a crazy dad to the school in about 2 minutes.  By the time he got there, the ambulance was loading Emma up and so he followed them to the hospital where I was able to meet them.  Emma was so brave and didn't even cry during the whole thing!  She broke her arm in two places and one of the bones had to be reduced.  We waited in the hospital all day so they could sedate her and reduce the bone in her arm.  She is going to be on bed rest in hopes that the bone will not move again or she will need surgery.  It was a long day!!








No comments: