Monday, December 22, 2014

The Gingerbread Man

Madison has been working really hard on a little play called "The Gingerbread Man" that her kindergarten class was going to perform.  I have been helping in the classroom every week so I got to hear a lot of the songs that they were going to perform and it was so cute!  I was really excited to go and see her perform the whole thing with her class.  However, two days before the performance, we all came down with the stomach flu.  Madison seemed to be a lot better the day after it started (Wednesday) so I thought she might be able to make it to the performance on Thursday.  She didn't eat a lot on Wednesday but the next morning I thought she might be good enough to go and perform.  Mom and Dad, though, were not better.  We still felt pretty horrible and weak but I was determined to see my little girl sing in her play.  I wet my hair to make it look like I showered and wore my sweatpants but we were there!  The performance started off great and Maddie was doing her best faces and all of the hand movements.  She was singing loudly and I could easily hear her.  However, the play was about 30 minutes long and after about 20 minutes we started to see her go downhill.  Jacob got it on videotape and the whole thing is hilarious.  At first, Maddie is really into the performance.  But then we saw her start to just stand there barely moving her arms or singing.  Pretty soon, we worried she was going to pass out or throw up on stage.  Right at the end of the video, she is just standing there holding her stomach and looking pale.  I frantically waved her off the stage and she walked off in the middle of a song and came and got in daddy's lap.  Needless to say, we wrapped up her Christmas cookies and took her home.  She ended up being just fine that day but I think the lack of food and being so weak from the sickness took it's toll on her when she was working so hard to perform.  Here are the good pictures we got of her but nothing compares to the video!











No comments: