Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!!

The day I have been waiting for finally came.....Emma started Kindergarten!  As a teacher, I have been anxiously awaiting and painfully dreading Emma starting school.  I am so excited for her to start learning and growing but so worried about making sure that she does everything well.  So far, so good!!  Emma was so great on her first day of school.  We had french toast for breakfast (her favorite) and then got ready for school.  Unfortunately, Jacob got held over at work and was unable to be there so Grandma came instead.  I did her hair, got her dressed, took some pictures and then we were off!  I didn't know how I was going to react to leaving her.  She was in preschool twice a week last year so I didn't think it would be that different.  Luckily, the school hardly even gave me a chance to be sad.  This school district does an "Early Bird, Later Gator" program where the class is split into two different levels and arrive at school at different times so each group gets small group instruction with the teacher.  So Emma doesn't arrive at school until 9:20 am and the teacher has already had 1/2 of the class for two hours.  Since there were already 20 kids in class, her teacher, Mrs. Duran, walked out and grabbed the few kids that were outside of her classroom and then just walked back in with them.  I didn't even get to yell out goodbye before I realized what was happening.  But Emma seemed totally happy and fine to just walk inside so that was the end of that!!  So far, Emma loves Kindergarten and has been happy to go back everyday.  I am so excited to see how everything goes this year!










(Makenna was trying to sneak out and go with her!!)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

How fun! Such an exciting time!

I'm still looking into the online curriculum. For now what we're doing is working but, it may not in the next few months so I'll call you with questions once I formulate them :)