Saturday, June 23, 2012

Maddie turns 3!

This past weekend Maddie turned 3 and so we had a little birthday party for her that consisted of just family since our families make the party big enough!  We did an Ariel theme since she LOVES Ariel so much.  I can't tell you how excited she was when she saw the Ariel bounce house and cupcakes.  I am all about easy so we just let the kids jump while the adults talked and then we had dinner, opened presents and then had cupcakes.  I made Maddie her own little cake just for fun and it was very entertaining watching her eat it.  Of course, I have to do 10 things about Maddie right now so we can remember exactly what she is like at this age!
1. Obviously loves Ariel.....if you ask her to, she will sing the "Ariel" song for you.
2. Gets super sad any time you barely yell at her or tell her no.  She will run away and cry.  Lately though, Jacob tells her she has to do a happy face right in the middle of her crying and I can't describe how hilarious her face is.
3. If she has something to say to you, she says, "Mama, let me tell you something".
4. She knows the alphabet, can count to 15 and know her colors and shapes.  (Most of the time....she can definitely be frustrating when she just starts listing off any color that comes to her mind!)
5. She can be the sweetest, funniest 3 year old you have ever seen......or the most stubborn.  Depends on the day I guess.
6. Her favorite things to do are read books, build towers, play with Makenna, play on Mama's phone, play in the pool, and eat candy.
7.  She is pretty fearless when it comes to doing things.  If you tell her to do something like sit on top of the car or jump off of anything to Daddy, she will do it.  I am not sure whether to be proud of this or scared.
8. Her best friends are her sisters, Courtney, and Aunt MaryBeth.
9. She has to sleep with her baby, baby Ariel, her cup and her blanket or she will have a melt down.  She will now allow any other blanket to be on her at bedtime or she will freak out.  I wish I would have made her blanket a little bit bigger!
10. She screams a lot when Emma does things that she doesn't like or when Emma takes things from her.  However, all I have to say is "Use your words" and she will automatically ask nicely for Emma to stop.  Why can't they just start with that instead of the screams?



 





Our Maddie is so independent and stubborn and amazing and we are so blessed to have this hilarious little girl in our lives!

1 comment:

Courtney Davey said...

She is by far my favorite 3 year old!