
Who ever thought that I would some day say that gas broke the ice in a somewhat awkward situation. So we were at a wedding reception for one of my (Jacob) high school friend's wedding reception when one of my ex-girlfriends from high school walked in. Katie had never met her before so we said hi, gave the introductions and all hugged. As we were asking the normal "what are you doing with your life" questions, I was holding Emma and throwing her in the air to make her smile for them when out rips the loudest, juciest "shart" (fart/crap) you have ever heard come from a baby (which would probably put grown men to shame). I awkwardly stared at Katie, because I wasn't sure what reaction to give, while Katie was laughing so hard she started gasping for air. That's when I forced a laugh out which, in return, made my ex start laughing and broke the ice for the remainder of the conversation. As her parents, we find it our duty to recall upon stories like this for Emma's future dates. And trust me.....we'll remember!
4 comments:
Sounds like a hoot! This is Anne Marie (Budica) Lauritzen in case you were wondering. I grew up with Katie's oldest brother and sister. I'm glad to hear that your daughter's surgery went well. Hope all is well!
I wish I could have been there. Hilarious. As an aunt, I couldn't be prouder. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
That's the best story! I wish I could have got there earlier so I could see you guys!
Holy crap, that's funny!!!
Miss you guys! ~Laura
Post a Comment